Riga meeting of the board of directors
The newly elected Board of Directors of the WorldSkills Europe met in Riga on December 6 to 8, 2017 to discuss and decide on series of vital issues for the organisation’s future operation.
The main agenda items included:
The legal documentation of the organisation – the Constitution, Standing Orders, and the Code of Ethics and Conduct. These were reviewed in detail and the new versions elaborated. After final elaborations the Steering Documents will be sent to the Members for their comments so that they could be approved during the General Assembly meeting in Budapest in March, 2018.
- Among many items, it was decided that the legal name of the Organisation has to be changed from European Skills Promotion Organisation to WorldSkills Europe. For this action, legal assistance will be required.
- The profile descriptions for the new General Manager and Marketing and Communications Manager, the positions of which will be announced in open calls during the second half of December 2017.
- Membership issues, including the agreement reached on the European borders of the organisation’s members to be fixed according to the members of the Council of Europe and the geographic regions of Europe used by the Statistics Division of the United Nations.
- The open position of the Treasurer as the term of the existing one is closing in 2018 and the proceedings for the new Treasurer to be approved during the General Assembly in March, 2018.
- Revision of the Board Travel Policy Guidelines to be finalised after Board meeting in written procedure.
- The development of the Sponsorship Concept will be further elaborated in separate meetings and finalised during January 2018.
- Revision of the GA Validation Visits Policy, and it was decided that 2 countries that have applied to host the General Assembly in 2019, namely, Latvia (Riga) and Portugal (the Azores), will be asked to fill in the questionnaire for evaluation. No validation visits planned.
The President informed the Board that she continues negotiations with European Commission for the support for national and international Skills competitions.
The required part of the Board members will go on the validation visit to St. Petersburg, Russia, on 21 February, 2018, using that visit also for Board of Directors working group meeting on 22 February, 2018, to continue with the remaining WSE items to be finalised, in order to circulate those before GA in Budapest, March 7th, 2018, during CPM for EuroSkills2018.