Job opening: Freelance administration and member services coordinator
WorldSkills Europe is a not for profit organisation whose main aims are to promote excellence in the field of skills and/or competence development, vocational education and training and craftsmanship, primarily focused on young people. WorldSkills Europe hosts the biennial EuroSkills competition to enhance the status and attractiveness of vocational education and training, particularly among young people and their parents.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
WorldSkills Europe is looking for a motivated, passionate and hard-working coordinator to support its team. The Coordinator position will be responsible for the full range of administrative tasks of the WorldSkills Europe organisation as well as acting as first point of contact for member organisations. This position will also support the development and implementation of campaign priorities, including coordination and engagement with a variety of stakeholders in the frame of the EU Erasmus+ programme.
The right candidate will be comfortable working with a small remote team, though an ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels from across the organisation – while remaining flexible, analytical, proactive, resourceful, and efficient – is essential.
Note that this is an independent contractor position.
The purpose of the administration and members services role is to provide efficient administrative support to the existing team:
- Organize international seminars and workshops;
- Update and maintain program calendars and track deadlines;
- Make arrangements for Board and team meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes, and track action items;
- Assist in preparing agreements, manage paperwork, and track progress against agreed milestones;
- Undertake other administrative, research and campaign support tasks as required.
- Support planning processes, implement project debriefs and coordinate campaign calendars;
- Maintain and improve campaign team efficiency and coordination, manage campaign pushes and implement project management tools;
- Handle appropriate written and verbal correspondence with program stakeholders;
- Manage the production of campaign materials in multiple languages;
- Participate in strategy, planning and review meetings (must be prepared to undertake international travel from time to time);
- Represent WorldSkills Europe in coalition meetings and coordination groups, including facilitation of meetings, and manage joint project outreach.
- Write content for reports, case studies and other purposes as appropriate
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ experience in program monitoring and reporting in the vocational education sector (knowledge of the Erasmus+ programme a must);
- Knowledge of and interest in the vocational education sector;
- Knowledge of and previous involvement in WorldSkills Competitions and related activities a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages an advantage), including an ability to summarize complex information and present it in a simplified, accurate format;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with NGOs or community groups from non-English speaking countries;
- Strong organisational, time management and project management skills;
- Ability to manage up and manage across; and ability to work with staff at all levels (experience working with teams remotely is preferred);
- Self-starter, ability to use initiative and provide proactive support to a team;
- Great organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiastic team-player with a friendly and professional personality;
- Flexibility with working hours;
- Experience organising and working for a highly motivated and technically proficient team;
- PC Applications: use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and electronic diary and e-mail skills.
You will be able to work from home. Freelance working arrangements, but the ideal candidate must be available to work a minimum of 2 days/week (you can work around your availability). Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
Occasional travel might be required.
Deadline for applications: 4 May 2018 If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without covering letters will not be considered. No agencies please.